At Southlake Dental, we have always followed guidelines put forward by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to the letter. These practices include using medical-grade disinfectants to clean all rooms and surfaces—from common areas to nooks—throughout the day. We also sterilize all multiuse equipment stringently between patient visits.
However, due to COVID-19, you may see new safety measures around our Merrillville, IN dental practice. These measures are designed to keep us all safer.
Safety Measures You May Notice
Your dentist in Merrillville and his team will wear face masks to meet guidelines. Additional safety measures include:
- The central HVAC system will incorporate a UV-C light system to disinfect and clean the air.
- An electrolyzed water generator (creates a hypochlorous acid solution), this will be used along with an atomizer sprayer (fogger) to disinfect all surfaces of the rooms in between each patient and the office at the end of the day.
- Each operatory chair will be equipped with a Crosstex Dentapure filter, which utilizes elemental iodine to reduce the microbial loads and biofilm deposits.
We also ask patients to rinse with Colgate two percent hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse prior to treatment.
- When we call to remind you of your appointment, we may ask health-related questions and take care of paperwork over the phone.
- We will also have you wait in your car until you are called back for treatment via mobile phone. We ask that you not bring friends and family members to your appointment, but we will make exceptions for caregivers.
- When you arrive, you may be screened—taking temperature and directed to the hand sanitizer area.
You must share any relevant health information with us, including exposure to COVID-19.
We Look Forward to Seeing You
We are excited to see our returning patients, and we encourage you to contact our office to schedule your next dental exam in Merrillville.